The Episcopal church in Plaquemine first recorded services in 1844 and in the year 1870 the church was first incorporated. The first recorded confirmations in Plaquemine took place in 1886. The original church, built approximately in 1885, burned in February of 1913 and the church standing today was built in November of that year. In the years of 1970 and 1992, with a registered architect as rector, remodeling of the parish house, church, and sacristy were effected. The rectory was located next to the church but in 1969, a new, more modern rectory was built wit the help of many donations from the congregation.
Shine in the love of God's grace, every day.
The congregation at Holy Communion is a small, close knit group, with a number of people that both live locally, and commute from Baton Rouge for the worship and fellowship. We are active participants in the Diocese of Louisiana, Baton Deanery; donate to and participate in many diocesan activities. For a small church, we offer a wide range of activities and make an effort to out-reach within our community. Various activities include: Gumbo to Go during Lent; Lite Lenten Lunches; United Thank Offering ingathering; ECW Annual Gathering; Jim Shortess Memorial First Responders Luncheon; Advent wreaths; Donation off Christmas
Boxes in the Community; Living
Nativity; Bible Study, Yoga and
Exercise offerings; Easter Egg
Hunt; and various activities for